Sunday 12 July 2015

What do you dream of?

"All successful people men and women are big dreamers. 
They imagine what their future could be, ideal in every respect, and then they work
every day toward their distant vision, that goal or purpose."
Brian Tracy

So to be successful you have to dream big, but to achieve goals, they have to be realistic. 

It may well seem as if that is contradictory, but really, it isn't.

Think about it for a minute. 
Imagibe your dream is to live in the beautiful house on the hill. 
How are you ever going to achieve that dream in one step?
Ofcourse, the answer is that you're not (unless you win te lottery, but we all know how likely that is)

So you have to work towards it, right. 
Each day, do something that takes you closer to your dream.
Each week, plan your goals for the next week
Each month, take time out to make sure you're on the right path

Persevere. You WILL get there in the end if you truly believe you can.

I like to imagine my dream as something in a castle at the end of some very long stairs.


The catch is that it's a staircase I have to build myself. 
And every step on that staircase is a goal I have to achieve.
I know that I'll make mistakes along the way.
I know that sometimes, I'll have to climb back down in order to find another way up.
I know that I'll encounter some difficulties along the way that at the moment, I can't even imagine.
But I also know that as I get closer, my dream will become clearer. 
I will have greater confidence in my abilities.
I will grow stronger and more able to deal with the difficulties I encounter.
I will be more and more positive as I go.

Build your staircase, and climb it.

You really can be whatever you want to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment